Today’s lifestyle puts us all under a great deal of stress; unhealthy food items and pollutants clouding every pore of our body leading to so many diseases. Thus, being happy has become our life’s goal. Under so much stress, all we need is a break.
Panchakarma is the Ayurvedic method of detoxification of the body. It means ‘5 tasks’ in the language of Sanskrit. It is a treatment used to remove the toxic material known as ‘Ama’ from the body. Ama is a foul-smelling toxic residue that builds up in the body due to diseases, malnutrition, unhealthy food habits and metabolic disorders. It is believed to block the flow of energy, information, and nourishment to the body when it accumulates. The Panchakarma treatment focuses on eliminating Ama from the body, leaving us fresh, happy and full of energy.
The various treatments that come together in this process along with the 5 process Panchakarma are:
- Abhyanga is a deep oil massage that stimulates both the lymphatic and the circulatory system enhancing the nutrition to the cells. This process can leave the person undergoing the treatment with a heightened sense of awareness.
- Shirodharais the mild calming process that involves the slow pouring and methodological infusing of the body with fragrant herbal oils. It synchronises the brain waves, leaving the body, mind, and soul in a calm state.
- Swedhana is the herbal steam bath where one is immersed in hot water infused with medicinal herbs. It cools the body and the mind, leaving one fresh.
- Udvartana is a deep lymphatic system stimulating herbal paste applied to the body to eliminate the lymphatic toxins. It has an exfoliating effect.
- Lepanais a local external application of herbal pastes or packs which helps to relieve the blockages locally or help to strengthen the area applied.
- Upanaha is a special type of Swedana (sweating), done without the presence of heat (Anagni sweda) and uses the heat that is built up by the combination of bandage and hot in nature herbal compound.
Every once in a while, the mind, body, and soul need rejuvenation. Panchakarma treatment can provide you with all.
Happiness is a way of life, not a goal — embrace it.